Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Steps

Now realize I'm not leaving till Feb 2010.

The first thing I need to do is trade my car in for a van. I want a late model or new van so I won't have to worry too much about break downs as much with an older model.

Once I have the van I will take out the middle seats, create the bed in the back, make it "Pink Pretty," and add electricity so that I can plug into camping sites.

I also need to get my passport because I really do want to go to Canada and possibly Mexico.

There are items I will need since I will be living in a van without a bathroom!!! Coleman has portable showers, toilets, and other equipment. I will buy a tent with a screened room and a two burnner propane stovetop so I'm not in the van all the time.

Right now I have a desktop computer but will buy a laptop. I will also trade up my cell phone to a much more robust cell service.

I need to paln out my trip and start making some reservations in some of the camp grounds.

I have to work with my doctor so that I can have blood test on the road when needed.

I have to decide what part of my business I will be taking with me and how to arrange shipping etc.

There are two RV/Camping orgs I need to join -- Good Sams Club, Passport America, and AARP

Whew! I know there is a lot I'm not even thinking about.

No comments: