Monday, November 12, 2007

The Mystery of My Bonnet


I believe this bonnet was made for me by my mother's aunt. We really didn't know or have a lot of contact with my mother's father's family. Sometime in the mid seventies, though, we believe my great-aunt and some of her children came to see my mother and I loved the bonnet one of them wore so much that they made me one. My mother has passed away and my siblings were too young to recount the event so I thought there was no one to ask.


Recently, I was at our church homecoming and a lady (Kathy Campbell Brown) came to me and said she was my cousin because her mother was my grandfather's sister. I told her about the bonnet and she said that it was probably made by her mother. She told me that if she saw it, she could tell if it was made by her since her mother did a lot of that kind of sewing. So the mystery of my bonnet may be answered in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: