Thursday, November 15, 2007

My grandmother's yard

My grandmother was a widow in the 40's, but she was able to buy a small house in Krypton, Kentucky, fix it up herself, and put food on the table by selling her hand crochet dolies. When she remarried to the grandfather I knew, they moved to Ohio and owned a nursery until he passed away of lung cancer. During the time they owned the nursery, my grandfather planted all kinds of trees and shrubs in the house my grandmother ownes in Krypton. This is were she and I live today. Here are some pictures of her yard. She used to do all the shrub and yard work. Now my uncle does.

1 comment:

Nancy Jo said...

What a beautiful yard and grounds around. So pretty. Your Grandma sounds like someone I would love to know. Tell her for me that her yard is ever so pretty.
NANCY JO