Monday, November 19, 2007

Trans-Siberian Orchestra



I went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky on Saturday night. I had no idea what I was about to see. It was an incredible show of rock Christmas music, lights, and fire! Yes Fire. Now, you have to realize I am in my 50's and one of my aunts is in her 60's. But we did have a blast!


I live over 2 hours from Lexington, so two of my aunts and I made it a whole day event to include the concert. First we left Krypton and drove to Lexington, we stopped at Pier One, and Garden Ridge (if you haven't been to a Garden Ridge during Christmas you should go), then of course we had to eat at our favorite Italian Restaurant. We still had over and hour to kill before we needed to head toward the concert so a stop at Barnes and Nobles was a must. I was able to get a Gingerbread latte and peruse all the new books, including the new book "Rhett Butler's People. Off the the concert we go -- with excellent seats we could see everything going on. The music was loud, crazy, way good, and memorable. I can't wait to see them again. Next year I plan to take my 13 year old grandson -- he will love the guitars.

No comments: